Available en Español
This course covers the basic components and functions of floor-operated overhead cranes used in industrial facilities. It also covers the inspections of cranes and rigging components that many facilities require to be performed before a crane can be operated.
This course is based on relevant standards for overhead crane safety from OSHA, ANSI, and ASME, as well as recognized general industry best practices. Using clear and concise diagrams and animations, this training covers the following topics:
- The components of overhead cranes
- The function of overhead cranes
- The function of rigging and slings
- Common pre-use safety inspections for cranes and rigging
- Importance of personal protective equipment
This course can be paired with the course Overhead Crane Operational Safety, which goes into detail about safe operating procedures and practices when operating or working near an overhead industrial crane.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.179: Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) best practices
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) best practices
20 Minutes (12 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.