Blocking and cribbing is a phrase which describes a variety of procedures used to stabilize heavy equipment, or large components of heavy equipment, during maintenance. Blocking refers to any of a number of methods for securing a machine, or part of a machine, while it is being worked on. Cribbing refers to the technique of stacking a group of uniform blocks to create a temporary, but sturdy, elevated structure capable of supporting a heavy load. This course describes equipment and guidelines for successful blocking and cribbing operations.
- Describe the purpose of blocking
- Describe cribbing
- Identify some of the blocking techniques used with heavy equipment
- Describe the materials used for cribbing
- Describe cribbing block care
- Describe some of the techniques used to build a successful crib
21 Minutes (13 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.