Hazardous chemicals are any liquids, gases, or solids which can harm people or damage property. This course offers information on protecting miners and mine property from hazardous chemicals by controlling exposure to chemicals, properly preparing for working around chemicals, and adhering to best practices for working with chemicals. This course also discusses what is involved in an Emergency Spill Response Plan with example instructions.
- State the definition of a chemical hazard
- List the physical and health hazards posed by some chemicals
- List the ways that chemicals can enter your body
- List best practices for preparing to work with hazardous chemicals
- List best practices for working with hazardous chemicals
- Identify the basic steps of a typical Emergency Spill Response Plan
16 Minutes (10 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.