People who are exposed to cold or wet conditions sometimes can't keep their body warm, which leads to cold stress. This course discusses the factors that increase cold stress as well as what frostbite, trench foot, and hypothermia are and how they are treated. This course also illustrates safe work practices to help with the prevention of cold stress.
Topics Covered in This Course:
- The three types of cold stress (frostbite, trench foot, and hypothermia)
- The primary causes of cold stress
- The factors that affect how a person tolerates cold temperatures
- The signs, symptoms, and treatments for all three types of cold stress
- The methods to prevent cold stress
23 Minutes (14 min. video + 9 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.