The Clean Water Act (CWA) protects "waters of the United States" (WOTUS) by prohibiting the discharge of dredged or fill materials without a Section 404 permit. This training provides general guidance for which waters are considered WOTUS, and the requirements for obtaining a Section 404 permit.
- Define the term “Waters of the United States”
- Describe the purpose of Clean Water Act Section 404 permits
- Describe the difference between General and Individual permits
- Describe the Section 404 permit application process
- Describe the requirements for discharging dredged and fill material in waters of the United States
- Identify and describe common practices to avoid impacts to wetlands, and other aquatic resources
- Describe the compensation options for unavoidable impacts
Based on: CWA Section 404
60 Minutes (37 min. video + 23 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.