Almost 145 billion emails are sent every single day. They are easy to send and virtually instantaneous. Emailing has become one of the most common ways for people to communicate with friends and family, as well as co-workers and customers. While email is simple and familiar, there are important rules to follow to ensure that messages are clear, polite, and effective. This course will outline those rules so that every email sent is a professional one.
- Differentiate between an email that should and should not be sent
- Describe effective email time management skills
- Describe the importance of subject lines
- Describe how to write appropriate greetings, sign offs, and signatures
- Describe how to use CC and BCC properly
- Identify the most effective tone, font, and style
- Describe how to write professional emails utilizing proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Explain how to write emails with clarity and brevity
- List the general rules of email etiquette, or netiquette
- Describe when to use attachments
- Describe how to use out of office messages
- Explain possible privacy concerns when using email
28 Minutes (17 min. video + 11 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.