In some first aid situations, the victim’s heart will be beating too quickly or in an irregular manner. In cases like these, an automated external defibrillator, also known as an AED, can be used to shock the person’s heart back into a normal rhythm. In this course, you’ll learn when and how to use an AED, including an automatic AED and a semi-automatic AED.
- Explain the first aid to provide if someone suddenly collapses and appears to be unconscious
- Explain the first aid to provide if you come upon someone who is unconscious
- Explain when to summon emergency medical assistance
- Explain what an AED is
- Explain what an AED does
- List and explain the different basic parts of an AED
- List the two basic types of AEDs
- List the steps of using an automatic AED
- List the steps of using a semi-automatic AED
32 Minutes (20 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.