There are certain cases when a person is bleeding that are always emergencies. These include extreme blood loss, amputations, abdominal evisceration wounds, sucking chest wounds, and internal bleeding. This course explains the importance of calling for emergency medical assistance in these situations and lists the appropriate steps of first aid to provide.
- Explain the importance of calling for emergency medical care if someone is bleeding severely
- Explain the importance of protecting yourself before you provide first aid to a person who's bleeding severely
- List items to use for your protection while providing first aid to a person who is bleeding
- Define the terms "amputation," "abdominal evisceration wound," "sucking chest wound," and internal bleeding
- List signs and symptoms for a sucking chest wound and internal bleeding
- List first aid steps for severe bleeding, amputation, abdominal evisceration wound, impaled objects, sucking chest wound, and internal bleeding
32 Minutes (20 Min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.