Diabetes is a disease that is becoming increasingly more common in the United States and in other parts of the world. As a result, the chances that you or a coworker may suffer from a diabetes-related health emergency have increased as well. In this course, you’ll get a basic idea of what diabetes is, learn how to recognize symptoms of a diabetes-related health crisis, and will learn some tips for providing first aid to a person suffering from a diabetic emergency, including both high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) and low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
- Explain the relationship between diabetes and blood sugar levels
- Describe items used to monitor and control blood sugar levels
- List symptoms related to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Explain steps of providing first aid for someone with diabetes who's suffering from low blood sugar
- List symptoms related to hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- Explain steps for providing first aid to someone with diabetes who's suffering from high blood sugar
28 Minutes (17 min. video + 11 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.