It’s not always clear what to do in a situation that requires first aid. Especially if it’s an emergency situation. This course spells it out, providing guidelines for what to do in an emergency first aid situation, and the order in which to do them. The course introduces a method called “DR. ABC” that stands for looking for danger before responding; checking to see if the victim is responsive; checking to see if the victim’s airway is clear; checking to see if the victim is breathing; and checking to see if the victim’s circulatory system is working. The course also explains the purpose (and limits) of emergency first aid, and the importance of summoning emergency medical assistance. Finally, it provides some general legal information about providing first aid.
- Explain the purpose of emergency first aid
- Explain the importance of summoning emergency medical assistance in a first-aid situation
- Explain general legal guidelines related to providing first aid
- List in order each of the five steps of the DR. ABC method
- Describe what each step of DR. ABC is
- Explain how to perform each step of DR. ABC
32 Minutes (20 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.