The word "poison" is a general term used to describe a substance that can cause illness or death. Poisons can include many things, including medicines, drugs, household products, workplace chemicals, plant and animal toxins, and gases. Poisons can be ingested, inhaled, injected, or absorbed into the body. This course explains what poisons are, lists some common poisons, gives tips for preventing exposure to poisons, explains the importance of contacting a Poison Control Center in the event of a poisoning, and explains first aid procedures for poison exposures.
- State the definition of a "poison"
- List some common types of poisons
- List some common ways in which a person can be exposed to a poison
- List some ways to prevent a poisoning from occurring
- List some common symptoms of poisoning
- Explain when to summon emergency medical care in the case of a poisoning
- Explain when to call a Poison Control Center
- Explain how to provide first aid for poison victims in different circumstances
- List some ways to be better prepared in the event a poisoning does occur
20 Minutes (12 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.