Spider bites are typically minor issues, but they can be more serious. And that’s especially true in the U.S. if the spider is a black widow, a brown recluse, or a hobo spider. In this course, you’ll learn basic first aid for minor spider bites. In addition, you’ll learn what black widows, brown recluses, and hobo spiders look like; where in the U.S. they tend to live; the kind of areas they’re commonly found in; why they tend to bite and how to avoid their bites; proper PPE to wear when in an area they may live in; symptoms of their bites; first aid for their bites; and the importance of calling for qualified medical care if one of these three spiders has bitten someone.
- List some ways to avoid being bitten by a spider
- List some first aid steps for a person with a minor spider bite
- Identify and describe three poisonous spiders found in the United States
- Explain where each of those poisonous spiders commonly lives
- List some symptoms of bites from three poisonous spiders in the U.S.
- Explain proper first aid for serious spider bites from poisonous spiders
21 Minutes (13 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.