A stroke is a serious medical issue requiring emergency medical assistance. This course explains some causes and types of strokes, lists common stroke symptoms, introduces the American Stroke Association’s F.A.S.T. method for identifying stroke symptoms and calling for first aid, and provides first aid procedures.
- Explain how a stroke occurs
- List some fixed risk factors for stroke
- List some reversible risk factors for stroke
- Explain each of the four steps in the F.A.S.T stroke detection and response method
- List some additional symptoms of a stroke
- Explain first aid for a person suffering a stroke
18 Minutes (11 min. video + 7 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.