Ticks are small insects commonly found in grassy areas pretty much everywhere in the United States. They bite people and suck their blood; while doing so, they can transmit many dangerous diseases to the person they’re biting, with Lyme disease being the most notable. In this course, you’ll learn what a tick looks like and where ticks live; how to avoid being bitten by a tick; how to inspect your body for ticks; how to remove a tick from your body if you have been bitten; first aid for tick bites; symptoms of tick bites and serious reactions to tick bites; and tips for seeking medical care after a tick bite.
- State where ticks can be found in the United States
- Describe what a tick looks like
- Explain where ticks are commonly found
- Describe how ticks can make people sick
- Explain how to avoid tick bites
- Explain how to inspect yourself for ticks
- Describe how to remove a tick from your body
- List some symptoms of tickborne illnesses
- Explain when to get additional medical assistance for a tick bite
15 Minutes (9 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.