Heat stress is a serious concern in many workplaces. Every year heat stress affects thousands of people, and some die as a result. This course provides the information you’ll need to “beat the heat” and keep yourself and other workers safe. You’ll learn about the different types of heat stress, from the least severe (heat rash) to the most severe (heat stroke). It will explain how the body reacts to heat, and the causes of heat stress. Finally, it will list some factors that affect how individuals tolerate heat.
- Definition and types of heat stress
- How temperature and humidity contribute to heat stress
- How the body cools itself
- Factors that affect the ability to tolerate heat
- The General Duty Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health—Section 5(a)(1)
- Materials from OSHA and state labor agencies on heat exposure
- Current scientific and medical findings
- Accepted best work practices for preventing heat exposure
21 Minutes (13 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.