Heat stress can take a number of different forms, including heat rash, heat cramps, heat syncope (fainting), heat exhaustion, and heat stroke. Each of these conditions has its own signs, symptoms, and treatments. This course will help you to recognize each condition, and to know which ones require simple corrective actions, like taking a break, and which ones may require a trip to the hospital.
- The forms of heat stress
- The symptoms for each form of heat stress
- How to determine the risk of heat stress
- Methods to reduce the risk of heat stress
- Treatments for persons showing symptoms of heat stress
- The General Duty Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health—Section 5(a)(1)
- Materials from OSHA and state labor agencies on heat exposure
- Current scientific and medical findings
- Accepted best work practices for preventing heat exposure
24 Minutes (15 min. video + 9 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.