This DVD covers important information on the use of hot work permits for general industry. A hot work permit is a form of written authorization from management that allows workers to perform hot work operations. Your facility will have its own forms and procedures. This course provides an introduction to the common protocols in place at most workplaces intended to ensure safe conditions before hot work can begin.
- The worker roles involved in completing and approving the permit
- The importance of the “35-foot rule” when planning hot work
- Typical equipment and PPE requirements when performing hot work
- The importance of knowing the material that hot work is being done on or near
- The importance of posting the permit
- And other considerations
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.252
15 Minutes (9 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.