This course covers the basic components and functions of floor-operated overhead cranes used in industrial facilities. It also covers the inspections of cranes and rigging components that many facilities require to be performed before a crane can be operated.
- The components of overhead cranes
- The function of overhead cranes
- The function of rigging and slings
- Common pre-use safety inspections for cranes and rigging
- Importance of personal protective equipment
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.179: Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) best practices
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) best practices
20 Minutes (12 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.