This course gives workers an overview of the safe operating procedures for moving loads with floor-operated overhead industrial cranes. This course covers the dangers associated with lifting and moving a load with an overhead crane, as well as safe procedures that will avoid those dangers.
- The importance of knowing the load capacity of the crane and the rigging
- How the sling angle can affect rigging
- Safe procedures for lifting, moving, and setting down a load
- Safe procedures for operating a crane near people
- The importance of personal protective equipment
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.179 – Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) best practices
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) best practices
16 Minutes (10 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.