A pallet jack is a relatively simple device that allows a person to pick up and move a palletized load whose weight may be several times that of the operator. A typical manual pallet jack consists of a small frame that supports two low forks that are designed to fit under a pallet. A handle, or tiller, connected to the frame provides a method to push or pull the jack, to steer it, and a way to hydraulically elevate the forks. This course will focus the principles of operation and instructions for safe use of the manual type of pallet jack.
- Identify the primary components of a manual pallet jack
- Describe the operation of a pallet jack
- List the PPE needed to safely operate a pallet jack
- List actions that should be taken before operating a pallet jack
- Describe how to ergonomically move a load
- Describe some unsafe behaviors around pallet jacks
- Describe how to safely store a pallet jack
21 Minutes (13 min. video + 8 min. video)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.