Warehouses are large, open rooms or structures commonly used to receive, organize, store, and ship goods to customers or other facilities. Most warehouses have a loading dock where trucks and railcars can be loaded for shipment of finished goods. High noise levels, limited visibility, use of heavy equipment, and 24-hour operations can make warehouses and loading docks extremely dangerous work areas. To safely work in this environment, employees should be properly trained to recognize and avoid common hazards.
- Identify the purpose of a warehouse
- Describe the typical equipment found in a warehouse
- List and describe common hazard-causing behaviors
- Match commonly required personal protective equipment (PPE) with the hazard they protect against and/or area where they must be used
- Name in order basic lockout/tagout steps
- Describe methods for keeping pedestrians safe
- Describe steps or best practice behaviors to help you be prepared in case of an emergency
- Identify and describe good housekeeping practices
31 Minutes (19 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.