Working with or around electricity can expose miners and others onsite to a range of hazards, including electric shock, arc flash, and even explosions and toxic chemicals when working with batteries. This course discusses the elements of an effective electrical safety program, testing electrical circuits, using extension cords, working with batteries and generators, and how to work safely around power lines.
- List items covered in an effective electrical safety program
- Describe how to prepare for electrical work
- Describe the risks and process of testing electrical circuits
- List best practices for lockout/tagout of electrical circuits
- Describe the proper use of extension cords
- Identify hazards and best practices for working with batteries
- Identify hazards and best practices for working around generators
- List best practices for working safely around power lines
26 Minutes (16 min. video + 10 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.