A workplace examination is a physical, in-person inspection of a work area to assess safety and health conditions. These examinations are required to identify and correct hazardous conditions promptly, with the ultimate purpose of improving the health and safety of miners and mining contractors. This course covers the definition and purpose of a workplace examination, the definition of a competent person, documentation requirements, and common hazards associated with mining workplaces.
- State the definition and purpose of a workplace examination
- State the definitions of a competent person and a working place
- Describe workplace examination documentation, notification, and recordkeeping requirements
- List common hazards associated with workplaces, terrain, equipment, structures, and other common items that should be included in workplace examinations
- 30 CFR Part 56 - Subpart B
16 Minutes (10 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.